1. Lot of experts joined- Kudos to their selfless service- Tanay ji, Ritesh ji, Rajdeo ji, Mahadeswara ji, Balkar ji, Mayur ji, Muthu ji, Mani ji etc. being some of them.
2. Membership increased from around 1120 members to around 1480 members.
3. I think more than 90% species posted got identified.
4. Every month around 150 new species (around 1800 new species) added to the Efloraofindia Database- Now we have more than 4500 species.
5. Average messages per month increased from 1500 nos. to 2700 nos. (max. being 3717 in a month)
6. Though credit goes to lot of people for this excellent performance (including all the moderators)- Star of the year were Tanay ji, Pankaj ji, Singh ji, Dinesh ji, Ritesh ji & Vijayasankar ji- who infused new life in it & completely changed its dynamics.
7. Moderators increased from around 14 to 22 now.
8. Spams were negligible.
9. Name changed from Indiantreepix to Efloraofindia to reflect its importance.
10. It became the largest e-group in this field not only in India but also in the world.
11. We had 32,765 messages in 2010- around 56% messages so far in Efloraofindia’s history of around three years & seven months.
Year 2010- A resounding success- 32,765 messages (56% of all the messages)- around 2000 new species added
Oh! What a surprise even though I look at these figures quite frequently! We had 32,765 messages in 2010- around 56% messages so far in Efloraofindia’s history of around three years & seven months. Most of the groups didn’t get so many messages in their lifetime. For details see https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/about?hl=en
This has resulted in adding around 2000 new species to our database in 2010. When we enjoy the things together, nobody knows where we will reach.