Procedure for updating efi site
1. Visit home page at http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (one can make it ones’ favorite by opening it, clicking on Favorites in Menu Bar at the top, selecting ‘ add to favorites’ & then clicking on ‘Add’->. In future, one has to just click on favorites & then ‘Efloraofindia Google Groups’ for opening home page). Sign in using your e-mail Id & password.
2. Those with g-mail Ids can straight away sign up with g-mail, click on ‘more’, select ‘groups’, click on ‘efloraofindia’.
3. Click on ‘view all’ in Discussions. Click in View by ‘Topic list’ & Sort by ‘Latest message’. Click on ‘Older>>’ once to reach at https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/topics?hl=en&start=30&sa=N. Change 30 to any number say 2730 https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/topics?hl=en&start=2730&sa=N, where one wants to reach at a point from where updating has to be started alongwith Id requests re-surfacing.
4. Under this page, start from the bottom & click on topics one by one. If any thread requires resurfacing, pl. follow the following procedure for this thread:
Procedure for resurfacing Id requests:
a. If one finds any message which requires re-surfacing for the pending Id requests/ confirmations etc., one has to copy some matter from it & search this in ones’ e-mail.
b. Once one find this message in his mail, click on ‘Forward’ & select email@example.com in address bar at ‘To’ & select members in ‘Cc’, who has participated in that discussion including the original poster. Also mark a copy in ‘Cc’ members from Excel sheet as available at link members for re-surfacing at https://sites.google.com/site/efimods/members-for-re-surfacing. These are just examples & one may add Ids from which Id reply can be expected.
Summarize earlier feedback, if any, like:
“Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.
Earlier relevant feedback:
“Kyllinga-Cyperaceae” from … ”
c. Then click on ‘Send’.
d. Next time one has to repeat the same process from where ever one has left it.
5. For other threads, one has to search for the identified species at efloraofindia website / by copying & pasting the species in “Search this site’.
6. Once the required species’ page is determined, one has to create a hyperlink for the thread of efloraofindia e-group in efloraofindia website as below:
For this you have to learn as to how to create a hyperlink. Procedure is as below after going on the page & clicking on ‘Edit page’:
a. Copy the subject line from the thread & paste it e-group site species’ page
b. Copy the URL for the thread from e-group site.
7. After hyperlink has been created, one has to copy & paste other information from the thread to the site. One can see a page like: /species/a—l/l/lamiaceae/gmelina/gmelina-asiatica for an example. One has to insert horizontal lines in between two answers & threads by clicking on ‘Insert’ & then ‘Horizontal line’ to give a neat look. One may further format the contents so that they look nice. After that it has to be saved by clicking on ‘Save’.
8. In this way all threads have to be pursued one by one.
9. In case the relevant species’ page is not available on search in efloraofindia website, pl. search it in ‘The Plant List’ http://www.theplantlist.org/ & find out the family as well as.
10. Then one has to create a species’ page under genus page if genus page is already available, otherwise genus page has to be created first.
11. For creating a new page, click on ‘New page’ after finding ‘genus’ page for that species e. g. Gmelina is the genus for species Gmelina asiatica. Enter species name under ‘Name your page’ for creating the new pages & then selecting a location e.g. ‘Put page under Gmelina’. And finally click on ‘Create’. This way a new species’ page is created.
12. Once this new page is created, one has to enter the correct species’ name & their synonyms from The Plant List while mentioning it in refrences. One can see a page like: /species/a—l/l/lamiaceae/gmelina/gmelina-asiatica for an example. This is to ensure that all the details of a species are available only at one page & not distributed at many pages.