Next Nature Walk in Mysore: Next nature walk is arranged in Mysore City limit. Details are here;
Next Nature Walk in Mysore: Nature Walk at Subbarayana / Subedar kere and
surroundings, Mysore District
When : 06.01.2013, Sunday
Where : Subbarayana / Subedar kere and surroundings, Mysore District
Habitat: Rain-fed /Canal fed Tank and Farmland
How long : 3 Hours (07.00 to 10.00 AM)
Distance :7 Km from Ring road – HD Kote Road junction
Assembly point : Ring road – HD Kote Road junction at 06.30 AM (just after Srirampura Gram Panchayat Office on HD Kote Road)
Next nature walk in Mysore: Nature Walk at Ranganathittu and surroundings, Mysore District
When : 03.03.2013, Sunday
Where : Surroundings ofRanganathittu, Mandya District
Habitat: Irrigated fields, orchards, and Riverine
How long : 4 Hours (07.00 to 11.00 AM)
Distance :14 Km from Mysore
Assembly point :
Next Nature Walk at Lingambudhi Kere, Mysore City : 1 post by 1 author.
Next Nature Walk at Lingambudhi Kere
(Lingambudhi Bird Sanctuary), Mysore city
When : 02.06.2013, Sunday
Where : In Lingambudhi Kere
Habitat: Tank surroundings, Wood Land, Garden
How long : 06.15 to 09.00 AM
Distance :7 Km from Mysore Railway Station
Assembly point :
account on Nature Walk at Lingambudhi Bird Sanctuary, Mysore city
Duration: 6.15-10.45 hr
Participants: 26 members
Habitat: Tank, shoreline, Wood Land and Garden
* Observed 38 plants in flower, 31 butterfly species and 63 bird species.
* Fascinating flowers observed –TRIUMFETTA ROTUNDIFOLIA, PTEROSPERMUM ACERIFOLIUM, IPOMEA AQUATICA, and MORINDA PUBESCENS
* BLACK WINGED STILT supposed to have left for breeding ground are still present in good numbers (Over wintering, 30 nos).
* Guest appearance act by PLUM-HEADED PARAKEETs (these are not Mysore resident birds; who knows they may by roosting in small numbers in the city centre along with ROSE-RINGED PARAKEETs)
* All the twelve PHEASANT-TAILED JACANAs that were present have acquired breeding plumage; so, are CATTLE EGRET, LITTLE EGRET, and POND HERON.
* RED-RUMPED SWALLOW & JERDON’S BUSHLARK were incubating.
* Congregation of BLUE TIGER & PLAIN TIGER butterflies on HELIOTROPIUM INDICUM & CROTALARIA RETUSA. Other few interesting butterflies – DARK-BLUE TIGER, PLAINS CUPID, BRIGHT BABUL BLUE & COMMON LINEBLUE