Dinochloa macclellandii (Munro) Kurz, J. Asiat. Soc. Bengal, Pt. 2, Nat. Hist. 42: 253 1873. (syn: Arundarbor macclellandii (Munro) Kuntze; Bambusa macclellandii Munro; Melocalamus macclellandii (Munro) H.B.Naithani);
Assam; Bangladesh; East Himalaya; Myanmar; Thailand; Vietnam as per Catalogue of Life;
Fwd: Dinochloa maclellandii (Munro) Kurz : 5 posts by 1 author. Attachments (4)
Hope you don’t mind receiving a few images of plant species, photographed in Shibpur Botanical Garden today.
These photographs are of a bamboo species and id plate was given there.
Next few mails will carry other species and I would very much appreciate if you could verify the identities of those species.
I am unable to decide, pl. check
I am too unable to clarify the features of this bamboo species.
Instead I attach herewith a full-frame photograph of this species bearing the name-plate. I assume since it was photographed in the BSI, Shibpur, the identification must be correct.
Hope this helps.
What is worrying me is that culm sheath does not match as per the book link as well as per the following:
what I saw/photographed in Shibpur Bot I shared. Accepting/rejecting the record entirely depends on you/eFI.
However, I find no much differences between the illustration you referred and photographs I recorded there. It’s just that the apex part of the sheath in the photograph is bend downwards.
Or, maybe I am wrong in my assumption.